life through the eye of my sewing needle and very little, to be honest, about sewers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Made for Mintdawn

Tomorrow is the send-out deadline for the Fabric Jewelry Swap on Craftster: see what's going on here in the gallery. My partner, Mintdawn, was supposed to receive her package yesterday so, since it hopefully really will be any moment now...(rights, USPS?)...

•She is a big fan of sugar skulls and mentioned she might like a pin for her snow cap (North Dakota!).
•She also mentioned a wrist cuff--oh, I LOVE fabric wrist cuffs!
•And hair scrunchies.
Here is what I made for her:
I had these really nice glass beads from Beadworks just waiting for a project and the size was PERFECT! They have an interesting gold design on them--I wish I would have taken a macro shot before sending. The flower on the skull was also a purchased part but the rest is embroidery (yeah!).  The cuff also has some tres jolie French knots. Mintdawn said  that she's "ill" for felt, so the flower on the cuff and the white skull are delicious pieces of wool felt that I bought from FeltFavors on Etsy. (I highly recommend--beautiful pieces, awesome selection and packaged like it's your birthday! Not to mention that freebie piece of cinnamon color.).

Fabric jewelry is wonderful. It's the most comfortable jewelry to wear, it's great to touch. It's just SO homemade.



Susan
the sloppy sewer

1 comment: