life through the eye of my sewing needle and very little, to be honest, about sewers

Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Project Runway Neighborhood: Pictorial Entry

We've tuned into Project Runway after a few seasons away. I don't watch a lot of TV--but I love this show.  The final four who are going to Bryant Park to strut their stuff during fashion week are Viktor Luna, Anya Ayoung-Chee, Joshua McKinley and Kimberly Goldson. My guess is that Viktor, who really has been incredible, will take the prize. But I am rooting for Joshua. He has really added the seasonings to the show.

Here are some photos that I took in the Fashion District--just a couple of blocks radius is all.
The manufacturing is gone, and I do miss all those guys pushing all those racks of clothing around--I mean I can still HEAR it. It's a great part of the city.


































Photos © the sloppy sewer

1 comment:

  1. I love this entry, Susan, because I spent most of a year living and working in NYC just before I got married. I worked as a sous chef in a private (extremely rich!) home, and I had a lot of free time to explore the city. This post brings back memories of that exciting time in my life!

    ReplyDelete