life through the eye of my sewing needle and very little, to be honest, about sewers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pigs Might Fly

Well I had just finished making two pigs for teachart for the latest tiny stuffie swap over at craftster.org and I thought I would take them out to the big city before wrapping them up to go to upstate NY.

Teachart is a catcher in a softball league. She plays for "Pigs Might Fly" and their team colors are tie-dye. I knew immediately what to make for her but then everything else--the design, the fabric, the embellishments--needed to be filled in.

Rainbow pig at left is looking out a window of 620 6th  Avenue where we had just gone shopping. Her body is fleece but her wings are ooo-la-la silk. I had the perfect pink button to give it just the right porcine touch.

But while I was making her I had another idea about "Pigs Might Fly". What if they never actually sprout wings? Might they NEVER fly?
And so superhero pig was created.  

.









:










Superhero pig playing in Union Sq. Park


Photos © the sloppy sewer


Time for you guys to fly!





1 comment:

  1. Cute piggies! I love the NYC photo shoot, especially the last picture.

    ReplyDelete