life through the eye of my sewing needle and very little, to be honest, about sewers

Sunday, July 15, 2012

you did WHAT? with that pattern?

Soft Dolls & Animals Magazine used to have this feature called "You did WHAT with that pattern?" that was really fun. Readers sent in photos of how they uniquely interpreted patterns that the editors provided. In the previous two blog posts I stayed fairly close to Missy Ballance's Silly Girl pattern. Recently I ventured further...
and created this art doll. The flash has just wiped out the details of the body fabric--I think I'll need to do that shot over at some point. Also it's difficult to see the thin wire that i wrapped around, though some of it comes through on the face. Here's a closeup of that:


the eye and heart beads are both glass; you can see more of the black fabric details in this photo.

this silly family is growing...i don't think it's over yet!

3 comments:

  1. The silly girl looks kind of like Edward Scissorhands! I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, you did THAT to the pattern??? Like, no LOVE it!

    Oh, no, I am sure the family isn't complete at all! They (read WE) need more!

    ReplyDelete