life through the eye of my sewing needle and very little, to be honest, about sewers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Geek Wannabe


The send-out deadline for our Journal Cover Swap is  four days away and, if you go to that link, you can see the  covers--and hand-crafted extras--as they make it into the gallery. The journal cover here is the one that I made for love2teach who teaches high school math and science. The design in the middle isn't my own; it's on mugs at zazzle  and t-shirts at fishpie and other places. It's a geeky version of a stop sign with jumbo rickrack standing in for the sine wave. love2teach is an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan and my swap package to her arrived on win day. Double the celebrating!

For the extra I made her a mug rug featuring the chemical symbol for caffeine which is around these days but I still love it. It was my first embroidery project and even though it was small, it was challenging. I do need to summon up more patience so that I can improve.  This is meant to be used because, until it has a healthy caffeine spill on it, it's just not right.



Susan
the sloppy sewer

No comments:

Post a Comment