life through the eye of my sewing needle and very little, to be honest, about sewers

Thursday, November 8, 2012

sicily day 1


i joined jim pressman, ashley brown and our u.s. champ scott brown in taormina, sicily for the 8th world rummikub championship--nov. 2-5. you can read more about the game and the event here. these are a few photos i took on the arrival day--photos inside and just outside the hotel.






the views from my room


lots of stone blocks throughout the hotel, a former monastery

other than playing the game i'd say tripping was what we did most

please do not hurt your heels

a great planter







even the garages were pretty amazing

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Such a contrast with the conditions you returned to in New Jersey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I love that heel warning sign! That happens to me all the time :). Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete